Central Java – The origin of krecek food comes from Indonesia, more precisely from the regions of Central Java and Yogyakarta. Krecek is a traditional dish that is famous for its distinctive savory taste and crunchy texture.
So what are the ingredients and how to make a krecek recipe? Come on, take a peek at the article below!
What is a Crack?
At first, Krecek did not use cowhide as we know it today. The early history of krecek begins with the use of pork skin or pork which is processed into food with special spices. However, over time, this dish has developed, especially because many Muslims in Indonesia do not eat pork. Therefore, cowhide becomes a more suitable substitute material to maintain the distinctive taste and texture of krecek.
Krecek is becoming increasingly popular among Indonesians, especially as a complement to rice dishes or accompaniments such as gudeg in Yogyakarta and nasi Kucing in parts of Central Java. Today, krecek has become an integral part of traditional Indonesian dishes and is also often found in restaurants or food stalls throughout the country.
Krecek food is made by boiling cow skin until tender, then cooking it with various spices such as shallots, garlic, lemon grass, galangal, and bay leaves to give it a delicious and savory taste. Krecek is also often served with coconut milk to give it a thick texture and rich taste.
As a dish that is rich in taste, krecek is now a favorite of many people, both domestically and for culinary lovers outside Indonesia. Nowadays, krecek has become part of Indonesia’s diverse culinary identity and serves a variety of mouth-watering traditional flavors.
Krecek is a popular and delicious Indonesian dish. This dish is famous for its appetizing savory taste. Krecek is made from cow skin that is boiled until tender and then cooked with special spices. This article will discuss recipes and how to make delicious beef krecek in 500 words.
To make delicious beef krecek, you will need the following ingredients:
1. 250 grams of dry cowhide, soaked in water until tender
2. 500 ml of coconut water
3. 2 bay leaves
4. 2 stalks of lemongrass, bruised
5. 3 pieces of lime leaves
6. 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
7. Salt to taste
1. 5 shallots
2. 3 cloves of garlic
3. 5 candlenuts, roasted
4. 2 cm turmeric, burn briefly
5. 2 cm ginger
6. 2 cm galangal
7. 5 pieces of red chili (according to taste)
How to Make Cow Crackers
1. First, boil the cowhide that has been soaked in water until tender. This process takes about 1-2 hours. Once soft, drain and cut the cowhide into the desired size.
2. Next, grind spices such as shallots, garlic, candlenuts, turmeric, ginger, galangal, and red chili using a blender or pestle.
3. Heat cooking oil in a pan. Sauté the mashed spices until fragrant and cooked.
4. Add bay leaves, lemon grass and lime leaves to the pan. Stir well and cook until the spices are completely cooked.
5. After that, put the pieces of cowhide that have been boiled into the pan. Stir until the spices seep into the cow skin.
6. Pour the coconut water into the pan and stir well. Let the beef krecek boil and the seasonings seep perfectly. If necessary, add enough salt to enhance the taste.
7. Cook the beef krecek until the gravy is reduced and the spices seep well into the cow skin. Make sure the cow skin becomes soft and tastes delicious.
8. Beef cracker is ready to be served! Serve the krecek in a bowl and serve while warm with white rice and fresh cucumber slices for mouth freshener.